MOTY 2019 Figures
MOTY 2019 Figure Contest Rules
Welcome to MOTY 2019!!
After thinking about it for a long time and getting many requests to bring back the MOTY contest it has been done. This post will be pinned to the top so you can see the rules and what you will have to do to participate in the upcoming MOTY Contests. Each year will be broken down into a different genre of model building. This is being done to give the builders an ample amount of time to build their models. Builders were entering the same build year after year in multiple contests which were brought to our attention. One of the points of the contest is to see new fresh builds and ideas. Here are the first two years genres. And because of the bad actions by one entrant, the contest will be held right here in the community so we have total control over the contest.
MOTY 2019 Contest – Figures and Busts
We are spacing out certain categories so the builder will have enough time for their build if they want to add all the bells and whistles. The following rules will apply to all contests and separate categories will be announced for each category.
Please read through all of the rules.
1. You must be a registered member of http://www.scifiantasy.com
2. The model must be a new unstarted kit for the contest.
3.. You must post a picture of your unstarted kit with a date reference in the photo.
4. Your entrance photo must be posted in this group for all to see for transparency.
5. Your build can be from any manufacturer, scratch built or modified as long as it is new.
6. You must be a member of this group. https://scifiantasy.com/groups/model-of-the-year-2019/
7. Completed builds must be posted in the dedicated group MOTY 2019 Figures here https://scifiantasy.com/groups/moty-2019-figures/
8. Each Contestant can enter up to 5 builds per category.
Update and Finished Photos:
1. After your initial entry photo if you wish to have progress photos start an album in this group https://scifiantasy.com/groups/model-of-the-year-2019/ with a title such as MOTY 2019 Hobgoblin Update or whatever you build is.
2. Finished Photos should be placed in an album with the same criteria as updated photos except in the dedicated groups for MOTY 2019 which can be found here https://scifiantasy.com/groups/moty-2019-figures/
3. This group will be names MOTY 2019 Entries.
4. You should have at least 5 photos of your build from different angles.
5. Your photos should be clear as this is an online contest and the judges will need the best possible photos.
6. You may place as many photos as you like in the album you create in the group.
Entry Dates and Ending Dates :
1. MOTY 2019 entrants can sign up November 11, 2018.
2. MOTY 2019 last day for entries is December 27, 2019, by 11:59 p.m. EST.
Judging and Winners Announcements :
1. The contest will be judged by three judges from the modeling community.
2. The judges will be announced the day prior to the last day of entries.
3. There will be multiple categories for each contest.
4. Each category will have a first second and third place winner.
5. The judges will choose the Model Of The Year winner from the first place finishers.
6. MOTY 2019 First, Second, Third and Model Of The Year winners will be announced on December 29, 2019, by 5:00 p.m. EST.
1. First, Second and Third place awards will be announced.
2. Model Of The Year Award will be the Tower Of Crystal SciFiantasy Award.
3. All awards are custom made and are made after the winners are determined.
4. Allow 4 to 8 weeks for delivery as stated above they will be custom engraved.
Categories MOTY 2019 Figure and Busts Contest:
1. Each category must have at least 5 entrants.
2. If the category does not get 5 entrants it will be folded into another category close to its scale.
3. Busts – all scales
4. 28 – 32 mm figures
5. 1:32 – 1:35 scale figures (54 to 75 mm)
6. 1:24 scale figures
7. 1:16 scale figures
8. 1:9 – 1:7 scale figures
9. If your figure does not fall into one of these categories please enter it in the closet scale to your figure.
10. All figures and busts should be fantasy, horror, superheroes or anything that falls into the sci-fi genres. Gundam suits do not fall into figures they are considered Mecha.
The rules of the contest can be changed without prior notice to the contestants. If the rules are changed we will make our best attempt to notify everyone in a timely manner. The contest may be canceled at any time without prior notice. All contestants are to abide by the rules of the contest. Anyone found cheating will be banned from scifiantasy, its affiliate sites and any further contests that are held by Hobby Link International Inc.
For any questions please contact us here at firstname.lastname@example.org